New 30-day Mitigation Initiatives Begin at Prairie Meadows
November 16, 2020 – Altoona, IA. Effective today Prairie Meadows will implement new, stringent, mitigation initiatives to do its part to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
The new protocols that begin today are:
- Temporary, 30-day suspension of all forms of smoking on property for both guests and employees to ensure masks are worn properly for longer periods of time, optimizing personal safety.
- Walk-up bar service will no longer be available. For beverage service, guests must be seated and order drinks with a cocktail server.
- Food may only be eaten in designated areas. AJ’s Steakhouse, tables in the Finish Line Show Lounge, at the Paddock Grill & Deli, as well as tiered seating near the Paddock are areas where guests may eat.
Prairie Meadows’ continued safety measures include:
- Face masks are required to be worn at all times and entry points have been reduced so staff can monitor guests to ensure everyone has a proper face covering upon entering.
- 100% of the air is exchanged every 15 minutes through a two-stage filtration process that includes an anti-microbial treatment.
- High-grade disinfectants and electrostatic sprayers are used on a rigorous cleaning schedule to sanitize the property.
“We continue to monitor and navigate a time where we know one thing for sure – we each have a personal responsibility to care for one another. These initiatives are our way of continuing to support the wellbeing of the community,” said Gary Palmer, President/CEO of Prairie Meadows.
To review Prairie Meadows’ entire health and safety measures plan, visit their website https://www.prairiemeadows.com/safety.
About Prairie Meadows
Prairie Meadows began operations as a nonprofit organization in 1989 with the goal of promoting economic development, jobs, agriculture, and tourism in the state of Iowa. Through taxes, grants, and charitable donations, Prairie Meadows has given more than $1.9 billion to the state of Iowa, Polk County, City of Altoona, City of Des Moines, and Polk County Schools, and numerous other local and state charities. Prairie Meadows offers nearly 1,100 slot machines, table games, sports wagering, live and simulcast racing, hotel accommodations, entertainment, and more.
<< Back to Listing