You’re Our No. 1 Priority
Here’s what you need to know about your visit to Prairie Meadows.
Guests will be asked to enter through the main casino and hotel entrances only.
Face Masks Required for Everyone
It is required that guests wear a face mask at all times with the exception of actively eating or drinking. Masks will be available for purchase if you do not have one at the main entrance and hotel pantry for $4. Masks with exhalation valves or vents and gaiter masks are not allowed. The wearing of face shields without a mask underneath is also not permitted.
Smoking in Designated Area Only
Smoking will only be allowed in a designated area on level 2 of the casino. Must be seated when smoking.
Will be adhered to including marked physically distanced queues & barriers.
Including reduced hours, temporary closure of some dining outlets, and suspension of entertainment events.
Increased Focus on Cleanliness
We have implemented a more rigorous cleaning schedule and added hand sanitizer stations in key areas. We are circulating 100% fresh air through a two-stage filtration system every 15 minutes throughout the building. The filtration process includes an anti-microbial treatment for the air. High-grade disinfectants are in use, as well as multiple electrostatic sprayers to sanitize high touch point surfaces and common areas. And, we’ve installed additional touchless hand sanitizer stations in convenient locations.
PROPERTY HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
For the well-being of our guests and team members, employees have been trained on cleaning and disinfecting techniques, including use of personal protective equipment (PPE), protocols for sanitizing all surfaces, and tracking cleaning schedules. Recommended social distancing guidelines are being adhered to throughout the property and the presence of hand sanitizer stations have been increased.
Prairie Meadows has worked closely with health experts and is adhering to guidelines set forth by the Iowa Department of Public Health, World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control, and US Environmental Protection Agency.
CLEANING & DISINFECTING
- Social distancing procedures are implemented across property, including appropriate signage in queuing areas, and additional barriers have been added.
HAND WASHING & SANITIZING
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been added around property, including at hotel check-in, table games, cashier, and other transaction points.
CASINO AND GAMING
- Slot machine banks have been arranged to allow for proper social distancing.
- Machines are disinfected regularly throughout the day.
TABLE GAMES & POKER
- Sunday through Thursday table games and poker will be in play 10am-2am and Friday and Saturday will operate 10am-4am.
- Poker tournaments are currently suspended at this time.
- Guests will be required to wear a face mask while playing.
- Where possible, procedures have been adjusted to allow only dealers to touch cards.
- High touch gaming items (dice, chips, etc.) will be routinely disinfected, and cards will be refreshed more frequently.
RACE & SPORTSBOOK
- Chairs and tables in viewing area have been adjusted to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Open terminals will be limited to allow for appropriate social distancing.
HOTEL AND DINING
- Front desk has been arranged to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Queues have been marked to identify the appropriate distance between guests.
- Team members, including guest room attendants, will not enter occupied rooms.
- Guest deliveries will be dropped off outside guest room door.
- No housekeeping cleaning service will be available for guests staying multiple nights. All cleaning will take place upon checkout.
- Complimentary bags of ice available at the Hotel Pantry.
- Extra linens have been removed from the rooms.
- The pool and fitness center are scheduled to re-open on April 30.
- All hotel rooms are non-smoking.
- Food may only be eaten in designated areas; AJ’s Steakhouse, tables in the Finish Line Show Lounge, at the Paddock Grill & Deli, as well as tiered seating near the Paddock.
- Table configurations have been adjusted to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- High touch items are cleaned and disinfected between guests, or replaced with disposable versions.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at entrances, which guests are encouraged to use upon arrival.
- Self-serve items, such as condiments, have been removed.
- Reservations are recommended for dining at AJ’s Steakhouse.
- Tables, chairs, and barstools have been arranged to allow for appropriate social distancing.
MEETINGS AND CONVENTIONS
CONVENTIONS, MEETING ROOMS & BANQUETS
- NOW OPEN! Call 515.967.8550 to inquire about your event. Available dates in 2021 and 2022.
- Gift Shop Hours are 11am - 6pm Monday & Tuesday, and 11am - 8pm Wednesday - Sunday.
- Guests will not be allowed to try on clothing or jewelry.
- All sales will be final. No returns allowed at this time.
PARKING LOT SHUTTLE SERVICE
- Thursday - Saturday: 2pm - 2am
- Shuttle service will suspend as of April 30.
TEMPORARILY DISCONTINUED SERVICES
- Coat Check
- Fitness Center (re-opening April 30)
- Hotel Shuttle Service
- Pool (re-opening April 30)
- Self-Serve Beverage Stations
- Triple Crown Eatery
View a full copy of our Property Health and Reopening Guidelines here.
By visiting Prairie Meadows, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.