Mitigation Initiatives Extended at Prairie Meadows
December 11, 2020 – Altoona, IA. Prairie Meadows will extend stringent, mitigation initiatives to do its part to help slow the spread of COVID-19. These measures will be in place through December 31, 2020.
Prairie Meadows’ continued safety measures include:
- Temporary, suspension of all forms of smoking on property for both guests and employees to ensure masks are worn properly for longer periods of time, optimizing personal safety.
- Food may only be eaten in designated areas. AJ’s Steakhouse, tables in the Finish Line Show Lounge, at the Paddock Grill & Deli, as well as tiered seating near the Paddock are areas where guests may eat.
- Face masks are required to be worn at all times and entry points have been reduced so staff can monitor guests to ensure everyone has a proper face covering upon entering. Face shields, neck gaiters, and masks with vents will not be permitted.
- 100% of the air is exchanged every 15 minutes through a two-stage filtration process that includes an anti-microbial treatment.
- High-grade disinfectants and electrostatic sprayers are used on a rigorous cleaning schedule to sanitize the property.
- Currently, due to the Governor’s Proclamation, food and beverage sales will conclude at 10pm. This policy will be in effect until further notice.
“It remains our collective responsibility to mitigate and contain this virus for the safety and welfare of our employees, customers, and community in which we serve,” said Gary Palmer, President and CEO of Prairie Meadows. “Our vigilance now will position us for even greater success once it is safer to resume normal, full-scale operations. I am truly grateful for the patience and flexibility that both our team and customers have afforded us during this critical time,” added Palmer.
To review Prairie Meadows’ entire health and safety measures plan, visit their website https://www.prairiemeadows.com/safety.
About Prairie Meadows
Prairie Meadows began operations as a nonprofit organization in 1989 with the goal of promoting economic development, jobs, agriculture, and tourism in the state of Iowa. Through taxes, grants, and charitable donations, Prairie Meadows has given more than $1.9 billion to the state of Iowa, Polk County, City of Altoona, City of Des Moines, and Polk County Schools, and numerous other local and state charities. Prairie Meadows offers slot machines, table games, sports wagering, live and simulcast racing, hotel accommodations, entertainment,
<< Back to Listing