Date: May 4, 2019 4:00 PM
Location: Casino Level 4
GET DOWN & DERBY
Prairie Meadows is the place to be for the Kentucky Derby. Watch and wager on the races, sip mint juleps, and enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet at Champions.
Stick around after the races for FREE live music by Dirt Road Dixie in the Finish Line Show Lounge.
DERBY DASH CHALLENGE
Get here early to participate in our Derby Dash Challenge. Stop by the Racing Center on Level 4 beginning at 10am for your risk-free chance at $150.
Try on our fun derby props and strike a silly pose. Available from 2pm – 7pm. Located near the main casino entrance.
Enjoy a delicious buffet featuring prime rib without missing any of the Derby action. Available from 3pm – 8pm for only $19.95. Champions is located on Level 4.
Call 515.967.8575 to make your reservation today.
Mint Juleps | $6
DERBY HAT CONTEST
Put on your Derby best for your chance at a cash prize.
Registration | 2pm | Hop’s Lounge (Level 1, near the Track Apron)
Judging | 4:30pm | Winner’s Circle (Track Apron)
Grand Prize: $300
2nd Place: $200
3rd Place: $100
You must be a Prairie Gold Rewards member to participate in the Derby Hat contest.
WAGERING INFORMATION – FRIDAY, MAY 3
- Kentucky Oaks wagering will be available on Level 4 beginning at 9am.
- Advance wagering on the full Kentucky Derby card will be available on Level 4 beginning at noon.
- Track Apron will open at 5pm; pari-mutuel windows on the Track Apron will also open at this time.
- Prairie Meadows live racing will begin at 6pm.
WAGERING INFORMATION – SATURDAY, MAY 4
- The Racing Center on Level 4 will open at 8:30am.
- Kentucky Derby wagering will be available on Level 4 beginning at 9am.
- The Clubhouse will open to minors at 3pm.
- Pari-mutuel windows located in Hop’s Lounge and on Casino Level 2 will open at noon.
- Track Apron will open at 2pm; pari-mutuel windows on the Track Apron will also open at this time.
- Prairie Meadows Live Racing kicks off at 4pm, and the 145th Kentucky Derby will begin at approximately 5:50pm.
Racing programs will be available near the Track Apron doors and south entrance as well as at Prairie Meadows Gift Shop and the program stands on Level 4.
Kentucky Derby post times are approximate and subject to change. Derby Hat Contest participants must be at the Winner’s Circle by 4:30pm for judging to be eligible to win. Must be present to win. Contest winners will be announced by 5pm on May 4, 2019. Must be 21 or older to attend live music event. See Prairie Gold Rewards for details and complete rules.