You’re Our No. 1 Priority
Here’s what you need to know about your visit to Prairie Meadows.
Smoking in Designated Area Only
Smoking will only be allowed in a designated area on level 2 of the casino. Guest must be seated when smoking.
We ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures when you are waiting in line for any of our services.
Increased Focus on Cleanliness
We have implemented a more rigorous cleaning schedule and added hand sanitizer stations in key areas. We are circulating 100% fresh air through a two-stage filtration system every 15 minutes throughout the building. The filtration process includes an anti-microbial treatment for the air. High-grade disinfectants are in use, as well as multiple electrostatic sprayers to sanitize high touch point surfaces and common areas. And, we’ve installed additional touchless hand sanitizer stations in convenient locations.
PROPERTY HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
For the well-being of our guests and team members, employees have been trained on cleaning and disinfecting techniques, including use of personal protective equipment (PPE), protocols for sanitizing all surfaces, and tracking cleaning schedules. Recommended social distancing guidelines are being adhered to throughout the property and the presence of hand sanitizer stations have been increased.
Prairie Meadows has worked closely with health experts and is adhering to guidelines set forth by the Iowa Department of Public Health, World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control, and US Environmental Protection Agency.
CLEANING & DISINFECTING
- Social distancing procedures are implemented across property. We ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures when you are waiting in line.
HAND WASHING & SANITIZING
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been added around property, including at hotel check-in, table games, cashier, and other transaction points.
CASINO AND GAMING
- Machines are disinfected regularly throughout the day.
TABLE GAMES & POKER
- High touch gaming items (dice, chips, etc.) will be routinely disinfected, and cards will be refreshed more frequently.
RACE & SPORTSBOOK
- Open terminals will be limited to allow for appropriate social distancing.
HOTEL AND DINING
- Team members, including guest room attendants, will not enter occupied rooms.
- Guest deliveries will be dropped off outside guest room door.
- Stayover service provided daily.
- All hotel rooms are non-smoking.
- High touch items are cleaned and disinfected between guests, or replaced with disposable versions.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at entrances, which guests are encouraged to use upon arrival.
MEETINGS AND CONVENTIONS
CONVENTIONS, MEETING ROOMS & BANQUETS
- Call 515.967.8550 to inquire about your event.
- Gift Shop Hours are 11am - 6pm Sunday - Tuesday, and 11am - 8pm Wednesday - Saturday.
- Guests will not be allowed to try on clothing or jewelry.
- All sales will be final. No returns allowed at this time.
PARKING LOT SHUTTLE SERVICE
- Thursday - Saturday: 2pm - 2am
TEMPORARILY DISCONTINUED SERVICES
- Hotel Shuttle Service
- Triple Crown Eatery
By visiting Prairie Meadows, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is still an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.