You’re Our No. 1 Priority
Here’s what you need to know about your visit to Prairie Meadows.
During this phase of our reopening, guests will be asked to enter and exit through main entrances only.
Temperature Screenings Prior to Entry
Guests with temperatures 100.4 and above will not be allowed entry, nor will those in their party.
Face Covering Required for Everyone
It is required that guests wear a face covering at all times with the exception of actively eating, drinking, or smoking. Guests must bring their own face covering or we will provide one upon request. All employees will be required to wear a face covering that covers their nose and mouth.
Physical Distancing & Occupancy Measures
Will be adhered to including marked physically distanced queues & barriers, limiting number of guests in confined locations, and making some gaming areas and machines inoperable.
Including reduced hours, temporary closure of some dining outlets, and suspension of entertainment events.
Increased Focus on Cleanliness
We have implemented a more rigorous cleaning schedule and added hand sanitizer stations in key areas.
PROPERTY HEALTH & REOPENING GUIDELINES
For the well-being of our guests and team members, employees have been trained on cleaning and disinfecting techniques, including use of personal protective equipment (PPE), protocols for sanitizing all surfaces, and tracking cleaning schedules. Recommended social distancing guidelines are being adhered to throughout the property and the presence of hand sanitizer stations have been increased.
Prairie Meadows has worked closely with health experts and is adhering to guidelines set forth by the Iowa Department of Public Health, World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control, and US Environmental Protection Agency.
CLEANING & DISINFECTING
- Our property will be cleaned and disinfected daily and throughout each shift.
- Team members have been trained on proper cleaning and disinfecting procedures, as well as proper usage of PPE.
- High touch items will be cleaned and disinfected between each use.
- Social distancing procedures are implemented across property, including appropriate signage in queuing areas.
- Casino floors, restaurants, and other seated venues have reduced their capacities to allow for appropriate social distancing.
HAND WASHING & SANITIZING
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been added.
- Team members will provide guests hand sanitizer at hotel check-in, table games, cashier, and other transaction points.
- Hand washing reminders are available in restroom facilities.
CASINO AND GAMING
- Slot machine banks have been arranged to allow for proper social distancing.
- Machines are disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available near slot banks.
- Positions will be limited at each table to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Sunday through Thursday games will be in play 9am-1am and Friday and Saturday will operate 9am-4am.
- Poker will resume on October 1, 2020 at a limited capacity.
- Guests will be required to wear a face covering while playing. Smoking and drinking will not be allowed at the game level. Guests will be politely asked to step away from the game while doing so.
- Guests will not be allowed to congregate behind players at a gaming table.
- Where possible, procedures have been adjusted to allow only dealers to touch cards.
- High touch gaming items (dice, chips, etc.) will be routinely disinfected, and cards will be refreshed more frequently.
- Dealers will provide hand sanitizer to every arriving player.
RACE & SPORTS BOOK
- Chairs and tables in viewing area have been adjusted to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at betting stations.
HOTEL AND DINING
- Guest temperature checks will be executed; those with a temperature of 100.4 or greater will be denied entry.
- Front desk has been arranged to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Queues have been marked to identify the appropriate distance between guests.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the front desk.
- Team members, including guest room attendants, will not enter occupied rooms.
- Guest deliveries will be dropped off outside guest room door.
- No housekeeping cleaning service will be available for guests staying multiple nights. All cleaning will take place upon checkout.
- Table configurations have been adjusted to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- High touch items are cleaned and disinfected between guests, or replaced with disposable versions.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at entrances, which guests are encouraged to use upon arrival.
- Self-serve items, such as condiments, have been removed.
- Refills will not be provided for self-supplied beverage containers.
- Reservations are recommended for dining at AJ’s Steakhouse.
- Tables, chairs, and barstools have been arranged to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Guests will be able to order from the bar in locations that provide appropriate social distancing from other guests.
- Bartenders will provide hand sanitizer to every arriving customer.
- Gift Shop Hours are Thursday - Sunday: 10am - 7pm
- Signage has been posted for guests to self-regulate social distancing while shopping.
- Limitations have been put in place for number of guests allowed in shop at one time.
- Guests will not be allowed to try on clothing or jewelry.
- All sales will be final. No returns allowed at this time.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the shop.
TEMPORARILY DISCONTINUED SERVICES
- Café at the Meadows
- Coat Check
- Fitness Center
- Hotel Shuttle Service
- Meadows Events Center
- Parking Lot Shuttle Service
- Poker Room
- Self-Serve Beverage Stations
- Triple Crown Eatery
You can view a full copy of our property health and reopening guidelines here.
By visiting Prairie Meadows, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
Please visit our FAQ webpage for additional information.
Frequently Asked Questions