NHC Qualifying Tournament
The National Handicapping Championship (NHC) is the richest and most respected tournament for horseplayers in the world. It is the end result of a yearlong series of sanctioned local qualifying tournaments, each of which sends its top qualifiers to the national finals in Las Vegas.
Prairie Meadows is proud to host a NHC Qualifying Tournament on Friday, July 18 and Saturday, July 19. $6,000 in cash prizes to be awarded! The top two players at the end of the tournament will win seats at the National Handicapping Championship in Las Vegas.
Prairie Meadows NHC Qualifying Tournament
Here are few quick facts you should know.
- We have extended the registration deadline to 3pm on Friday, July 18. Entries may only be paid for in cash at this point and can be accepted at the Racing Center on the Clubhouse Level 4 or at the tournament check-in table on Thursday from 6pm -8pm and Friday from 2pm – 4pm. The tournament check-in table will be located on North Turfside Clubhouse Level 4.
- Participants may mail their registrations with their name, address, phone number, NHC tour membership number, email address and buy-in fee to: Prairie Meadows, Marketing Department, ATTN: Promotions, P.O. Box 1000, Altoona, IA 50009.
- All participants must place 15 wagers each tournament date. Nine of the wagers each day must be made on Prairie Meadows live races.
- Participants are limited to two tournament entries per person. A buy-in of $400 is required for each tournament entry.
- Prairie Meadows will host an early check-in cocktail reception from 6pm – 8pm on July 17.
To view the full Prairie Meadows NHC Qualifying Tournament Rules, please click here. PDF (192 KB)
For additional information please call the Prairie Meadows Racing Center at 515-967-1221 or Michelle Weigel at 515-967-1319.
Additional Rules & Information
Email your NHC tour registration form to MRavencraft@ntra.com or fill out the online form here. For more information about the NHC, please visit the National Thoroughbred Racing Association website at http://www.ntra.com/en/nhc/.
Prairie Meadows Hotel
While you’re here, why not stay the night. Experience the classiest accommodations of any hotel in the Midwest. Special rates available, starting at $109 a night (plus tax).
Based on availability at time of reservation. Not valid with other offers or discounts. Blackout dates and restrictions may apply.
From the Airport
Drive south on Fleur Drive upon exiting airport/parking and travel 1.5 miles. Merge onto Highway 5 SOUTH and travel 4.8 miles. Continue onto US 65 NORTH for 11.7 miles. Take Exit 83 and turn right (east) onto 8th Street SW. After traveling 0.5 miles, turn left onto Prairie Meadows Drive.
For additional driving directions, click here.